Greetings to all from the odd and challenging new world of isolation and social distancing—or as innate recluses call it, everyday life.
Seriously though… Gratitude, support, and prayers for all of the essential workers from medical professionals to cleaning staff, people in the food supply chain, store clerks, mass transit and postal workers, truckers, mail carriers, and everyone who is obligated to leave their homes and families each day while the rest of us stay safe at home. Your sacrifices and suffering in service to the greater good of humanity is appreciated.
On an entirely frivolous note, following the Maryland stay-at-home order has provided me with the opportunity to indulge in gluttonous consumption of my favorite brain candy—books. First, the 20+ borrowed from the public library. (Truthfully, at the time that quantity seemed excessive in the context of what was supposed to be a two-week shutdown.) Second, e-books from OverDrive and NetGalley (because the anticipated two weeks of shutdown has rolled out to two months and counting).
So many satisfying reads and gifted storytellers. My #COVID19shutdownReads are sorted according to the dominant type of reading satisfaction delivered.
Plus, ARC reads and reviews for more titles are live for April and May issues of InDtale.com (exclamation marks added by editorial staff) and RomanceDailyNews.com.
• Call to Action: How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
• DIY: The Small Business Start-Up by Peri H. Pakroo
• Contagion Thriller: Resistant by Rachael Sparks
• Heartbreaking Intrigue: A Reason to Believe by Diana Copeland
• Rom-Com w/Substance: Yours in Scandal by Lauren Layne
• Switcheroo Partners: Forbidden Promises by Synthia Wiliams, The Love We Keep by Toni Blake
• Bold Oddballs: Anyone But a Duke by Betina Krahn, Her Scandalous Pursuit by Candace Camp
• Cowboy Military Veterans: Lucky Chance Cowboy by Teri Anne Stanley, Cowboy Christmas Homecoming by June Faver
• Adventurous Journeys: Whispers of Shadow & Flame (#2) by L. Penelope, Silk and Song by Dana Stabenow, A Longer Fall by Charlaine Harris
• Secrets: All About Evie by Cathy Lamb, Hidden Truths by Christina Dodd, Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams
• Small-town Charm: A Highlander in a Pickup by Laura Trentham, Mermaid Inn by Jenny Holiday, Wild on My Mind by Laurel Kerr
• Series: Lost Creed (#4) & Desperate Creed (#5) by Alex Kava, A Murderous Relation* (#5) by Deanna Raybourn
• Paranormal/Supernatural Fun: Awaken the Dragon by A.C. Arthur, Bears Behaving Badly* by MaryJanice Davidson, The Goddess Gets Her Guy by Ashlyn Chase, Hitched to the Alien General* by Mina Carter
• Hot & Emotional: The Sweet Spot by Kimberly Kaye Terry, A Girl Like Her*(#1), Damaged Goods (#1.5), Untouchable (#2) & That Kind of Guy (#3) by Talia Hibbert, Handle with Care, Making Up & Hooking Up by Helena Hunting
• Danger: The Secrets She Keeps by HelenKay Dimon, Shelter for Koren by Susan Stoker, Risk It All by Katie Ruggle, Ruined with You by J. Kenner, Lethal Redemption by April Hunt, Extreme Honor by Piper J. Drake, Calling on Quinn by Blue Saffire, The Beast of Beswick by Amalie Howard, The Bachelor by Sabrina Jeffries